|At A&R Printing, we're committed to helping you get the very most possible out of your print project. That means helping however we can. The guidelines below will answer some of the most common questions we get asked, but please give us a call if we can provide more information. For questions about print industry terms, click here to visit our Print Term Glossary.
Your first unbound proof is free, except for the shipping cost; however we suggest you purchase a bound sample to make sure everything is the way you want it. The cost of a bound sample is $30.00.
|JOB COMPLETION STANDARDS
* Standard turnaround is 1-2 days for proof completion and 3-7 days for project completion after proof approval (within reason). If you wish to have your project sooner, rushes may be available depending on the production schedule.
|HOW DO I GET MY FILES TO YOU?
* Send your file to firstname.lastname@example.org (up to 12mb).
* For bigger files, you may use http://www.yousendit.com/. You must enter your e-mail address, our e-mail address, and a description of the file. Then, simply upload the files individually or zipped. The website sends a link, accessible for seven days, to both parties for downloading the files.
* A&R Printing is not responsible for the storage of your proprietary digital content. We do this as a courtesy to our customers and encourage you to keep an original copy of your files. If you would like a copy of your files, we charge $25.00 per title for a CD backup.
|IMPORTANT FILE INFORMATION
* We are a digital color printshop. Digital color may vary +/- 5%.
* We print our color CMYK only (NOT RGB) and prefer 300 dpi. We print text that should be 100% black only; this will prevent what is called "broken text." All CMYK color must not exceed 250%.
* Cover & Text Files should be trouble-free and sent in PDF form.
* If a customer doesn't have a PDF software program, then they can go to PDF995.com and use the free PDF conversion program. We prefer print-ready PDFs converted for a high-quality resolution output. If you do not have the PDF program, a free version may be downloaded in two files from www.pdf995.com. After both are downloaded, open your original file, select "print to" and select "PDF995" instead of your local printer. This will send a PDF copy of your master file to your desktop. This is the file we need.
* Please make sure that all your fonts and graphics are linked.
* Any piece with bleed must have at least 1/8" bleed on the cutting edges. The largest
image we can safely print is 11.5 x 17.5.
* NOTE: WE ARE NOT A MAC SHOP. WE ARE A PC SHOP. WE DO NOT SUPPORT MAC FILES.
* The first unbound proof is free, except for the shipping cost; however we suggest you purchase a Bound Sample to make sure everything is like you want it. The cost of a Bound Sample is $30.00.
* Every time you request changes, a new proof must be printed to ensure that those changes took effect.
* Every additional proof after the first one is $15. Examine your proofs carefully and thoroughly for any errors. If you do not submit new files but ask us to make the changes, you will be charged any required pre-press time.
|PRE-PRESS SERVICES PRICING
* Our Pre-Press fees reflect the time spent to correct your files "pre-press" in order to get them print ready. Pre-press charges will be assessed for covers that are sent in segments, text that is sent separately in chapters, files that need to be set up for saddle-stitching, etc. Any design time or correction time is billed as "PREPRESS." Pre-press time is billed at $60/hour in 10-minute increments. Any scanning to set up your files is also charged at $60.00/hour in 10-minute increments.
* Spine Sizing- $15
* UPC Bar Code Inserted on Back Cover $15
* Additional cover sizing for bleed adjustments are a minimum of $15 per sizing or based on time spent at $60 per hour, whichever is less.
|OTHER AUTHOR SERVICES
* We can offer editing, interior layout, cover design and other graphic design services for any and all projects. We can also recommend professionals to design and host your website.
* Fulfillment & distribution services are also available, including a call center for receiving book orders. The fulfillment center we use has current contracts with Barnes & Noble, Borders, and Hastings Booksellers, among others.
* We suggest that authors consider using book marketing pieces such as tri-folds, bookmarks, book reviews, press releases, and cover postcards as natural ways to promote book sales. We have great pricing on these marketing materials.
* Contact us for more information or for a quotation.
|HOW DO I PAY YOU?
* When the job is ready to pick up or ship, the balance is due. For COD customers, the easiest way to complete the payment is with a credit card. We are not presently accepting new customers for terms unless you have an acceptable Dun & Bradstreet rating. A & R Printing does accept credit card payment with Visa and Master Card, but not American Express or Discover. If you paid by check, and it does not clear the bank, then you are responsible for paying in cash by money order plus $25 to replace it and will have to pay in advance for all orders going forward.
|HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING?
* We ship through UPS. Because of the many variables in the cost of shipping, we can estimate shipping costs, but it will only be an estimate. We will not be held liable for any differences between the estimate and the actual cost of shipping. Freight fees fluctuate depending upon how soon the package needs to arrive, what the fuel surcharge at the time is, what season the package is shipping, and the weight and number of packages. The customer is responsible for all freight costs, including the first free proof.
* All prices are F.O.B. the factory in White Bluff, TN. The customer is responsible for all freight costs including the cost of shipping all proofs including the first free one. There will be a charge of $1.00 per box for pack-out to cover shipping materials and labor. Any specification not included in the quote request can vary the price.
* We do not take responsibility for damaged shipments due to UPS damage, Please ask to insure your shipment.
* NOTE: DELIVERY COSTS IN NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE ARE $10 EACH PER DELIVERY WHETHER PROOF OR FINAL SHIPMENT.
|UPS Shipping Timeframe Map from Tennessee
|PRODUCTION VOLUME VARIANCES
* Due to the nature of digital printing, we have a +/- 5% production rule. An order for 100 may be filled at 95. You will only be charged for 95 books. If you need an exact number, we recommend purchasing additional copies.
HOW DO I GET A BARCODE?
* We can provide a barcode, ISBN number, & placement to your project for a fee of $65.00. This is the information you need to provide to your CSR:
Retail cost (and do you want that in the barcode?)
Title & subtitle: